Review: How to Talk About Jesus (Without Being That Guy) - Sam Chan

Author:
Nathan Campbell
Date:
February 8, 2021

Review by Nathan Campbell

Does the idea of telling people about your faith in Jesus make you want to cringe in fear of sounding like a fool? Nathan Campbell is convinced this is the book for you! See his review for yourself and you might have found the antidote to your fear.

"The goal is to equip such Christians with ‘fresh insights’ so they become more confident and competent in evangelism, and walk away “thinking not just, “I can do that,” but also “I want to do that.”” This is a lofty and noble goal. I’d love just 10% of my community — or the church at large — to be driven to evangelism — to adopting an evangelistic lifestyle — the way this book depicts it. Were that to happen, there’d be plenty for the other 90% to do just in hanging around as part of the ‘plausibility structure’ of the Gospel."

 

Recent Posts

July 22, 2024
Are Vocation and Occupation the Same Thing?

A short video that encourages a Christian perspective wherever we find ourselves working. Bryan Chappell explains, "In our ordinary conversation vocation and occupation can be the same thing, but in the history of language and in the Bible's expression of what we are doing, they actually have very special distinctions." Image : Photo by bruce mars on Unsplash

Read More
July 21, 2024
The (Hyper) Consuming Christian

Renee Zou's challenging article provokes the reader to consider why we buy the things we do. Consumerism in itself is not bad, indeed it is necessary for humans to engage relationally and purchase items and skills that we do not have but which we need. "A 2021 study found that the average consumer throws away […]

Read More
July 19, 2024
In a world overwhelmed by the demands of work, “Bluey” reminds us of the ethical importance of play

Max Jeganathan considers the success of this highly popular television series, revealing its appeal to children and adults alike. "Bluey marches to a different drumbeat. In every episode, Bluey and her family have fun for its own sake. Not to kill time. Not so other dog families will think well of them. Not to create Instagrammable […]

Read More

Categories

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram